Web UI Engineer
- TypeFreelancer / contractor
About the role
These web pages have already been fully designed and vetted during a long and careful rebranding process. You will work with our VP of UI/UX, our CPO, and our lead Graphic Designer to ensure that your coded pages maintain fidelity to these designs.
This position is a remote contract position for an individual only (no agencies). There may also be opportunities for you to extend this into a longer-term employee relationship with Brainscape depending on your skill-sets and the quality of your work & commitment.
- Develop public-facing web pages based on new designs
- Perform technical development of JS and CSS for CMS-delivered web pages
- Make small design, interaction, and responsiveness recommendations as needed
- Optimize pages for maximum speed, scalability, and SEO benefits
- 1+ years experience working with Rails views
- Strong understanding of CSS and CSS Animations
- Strong understanding of mobile responsiveness
- Strong understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Familiarity with CMS platforms such as Wordpress, HubSpot, or Ghost
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BONUS - Any React, React Native, or back-end Ruby on Rails experience
Please email your resume, LinkedIn profile, GitHub profile, portfolio links, a description of why you want to work for Brainscape, and/or any other useful information.
About the company
Brainscape is a web and mobile education platform that allows students, teachers, and corporate trainers to create electronic flashcards, and to find flashcards created by other users and publishers around the world.