As with many young companies, your responsibilities will change over time. However, here are some of the responsibilities we expect you to take on as a Senior Backend Engineer:
- Gathering and processing large volumes of data, you'll play a meaningful role in improving a backend that processes very high volumes of raw data.
- Supporting the rest of the team in squashing bugs and improving the quality of our main Rails application.
- Contribute to technology strategy – we will decide together how to evolve our data processing pipeline using technologies that fit our purposes.
- Mentor junior members in the team, e.g. by reviewing their pull requests while providing constructive feedback, helping them when they have questions, as well as more pro-active mentoring sessions.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology.
Sounds interesting? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years of experience developing high traffic web applications.
- Strong experience with data processing, we use PostgreSQL for almost everything.
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages. Right now we use Ruby-on-Rails, Rust, and Go with Gin.
- Good knowledge of cloud environments, particularly AWS and DigitalOcean.
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of software development – how to structure programs and decompose problems, when to apply patterns, and understand to select the right paradigm for a task.
- Next to speaking English fluently, you are able to understand and translate business requirements into clearly articulated technology solutions.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with stream processing tools (Apache Storm, AWS Kinesis etc.)
- Knowledge of CI/CD systems and practices
- Good knowledge of provisioning and orchestration tools. We presently use SaltStack and Terraform.
- Good knowledge of Linux system administration, preferably Ubuntu.
- Experience with Docker and service discovery layers/consensus systems (Consul, etc.)
- Passionate about programming. You know how to run code, not just write it.
- Pragmatic, and know when to be hands-on and enjoys taking the lead in challenging situations.
- Excited to learn new technologies and best-practices.
- Always up for pairing and tackling problems with your colleagues.
- Eager to learn, contribute to design and architecture decisions, and inspire change.
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
- You’ll join the adventures of an early stage company and experience what it means to have a job that’s incredibly impactful.
- You’ll become part of a team of nice, awesome and highly dedicated people that all have the same mission: Helping companies to build better businesses.
- You’ll receive a great salary pack (market or upmarket).
While submitting, please indicate that you are applying from Make it in Ukraine.