Our diverse team of physicists, computer scientists, and mathematicians mix the best of all disciplines into general and specialized development. We enforce flat hierarchies and expect responsibility, our spirit is to make it possible to have fun with challenging tasks.
We are involved in many research activities related to data science, in particular, we push on artificial intelligence and develop our own tools to speed up development and raise quality.
Topics are often related to our background in complex systems theory and application: from state-of-the-art positioning algorithms over the production and distribution of renewable energy to the analysis and prediction of the movement of single vehicles and fleets of cars.
About the job
For our development team (office in Potsdam (near Berlin, Germany) we are looking for a motivated DevOps Engineer :
• You will be working in an agile team on a big data application in the automotive industry.
• In order to excel at this role, you will need a deep understanding of CI/CD pipelines as well as have a proven work record with integration and automation tools (e.g. Jenkins or Gitlab-CI).
• Deep understanding of containers and containerized deployments (Kubernetes, OpenShift, Helm)
• You have hands-on cloud experience (AWS, GCloud, or Azure)
• You know the fundamentals of operations: logging, monitoring & alerting (Prometheus, Sentry, ELK)
• Fundamental Linux skills are a must as well as proficiency in at least one scripting language.
• You are not afraid of SQL and know how to do NoSQL.
• Basic software security skills are a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics with advanced degrees preferred.
What we offer:
The diverse range of tasks with high implementation speed and exciting challenges in setting up a rapidly expanding company
Curiosity about algorithms, machine learning, or mathematics
Flexible working hours
Direct communication channels and flat hierarchies through to the CEO Authentic and value-oriented corporate culture with a team spirit
Day to day tasks: We follow scrum. All tasks as in the Scrum guide
Our work is focused on artificial intelligence/data science and software development. Topics are mobility, energy, complex systems.