You will join as one of the first backend engineers on a growing team, writing back-end services and building out a call server for real-time communication with our mobile app.
Every day, Dialup connects thousands of people around the world in one-on-one voice conversations using a backend infrastructure written in Go. Our app hosts audio chats between people with mutual interests like painting, podcasts, startups, and tarot card reading. Our QuarantineChat.com line connects people across the world who are in isolation due to quarantine, and has been featured in the New Yorker, VICE, The Guardian, and other publications worldwide. As the app continues to grow we’re looking for someone to help maintain the backend infrastructure and build out new features to support our mobile app.
We’re looking for someone who can:
• Write web services using Go and Postgres
• Use Go, Prometheus and Grafana to develop performant, instrumented, and testable applications.
• Implement concurrent code to manage WebRTC audio connections and create interactive audio experiences using WebSockets.
• Build robust network protocols for communication with a mobile app
It’s a plus if:
• You have previous experience with WebRTC or telecom
• You have a deep understanding of Postgres
• You’re fluent in software testing techniques like TDD, mocking, and fuzzing.
• You’ve written or contributed to a mobile app
• You have implemented distributed systems robust to unstable networks, network partitions, and other failures.
This is either a contract position or a full-time role. Negotiable.
Instructions how to apply
We're a small, creative, and experimental team looking for talent grow our telephonic ventures. We have a base in San Francisco and Los Angeles, but remote candidates are welcomed, and even preferred!
Dialup is building a voice-based social network that's reinventing the phone call. We connect strangers and friends across the globe in serendipitous one-on-one calls to talk about common interests.