To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering team. We run server instances by thousands. Milliseconds in speed and uptime make a big difference for millions of Grammarly users. At this scale, system administration is art. We are looking for great system administrators to share the fun of building a service used by millions. You will focus on maintenance and support of third-party infrastructure solutions used at Grammarly. Good examples are AWS, systems for logs and metrics collection, backup management tools, etc. Infrastructure is an integral part of our services, and we make sure it gets enough love, care, and technical competence.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Grammarly, you will:
- Use modern infrastructure management tools and services (such as AWS) to build a massively scalable platform for Grammarly services.
- Own the fleet of server instances and manage all the stages of their life cycle.
- Manage all the Linux-related aspects of our machines: patching, access, security, performance, etc.
- Create and build architectures of our AWS deployment: enable and support multi-account/multi-region, employ new AWS services, manage costs, etc.
- Set up efficient and safe networking.
- Automate audits and health checks to build a sustainable process for system health awareness.
- Manage third-party systems used by Grammarly’s engineers.
- Participate in on-call incident response and escalation procedures.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our E.A.G.E.R. values (Ethical, Adaptable, Gritty, Empathetic, Remarkable).
- Loves system administration, learns all the time, and can’t wait to let us know about the latest cool tool you have tried.
- Has at least three years of experience managing a live production environment, preferably a high-load system.
- Has a good knowledge and at least some experience with AWS. Alternatively, you have deep expertise in Azure or GCE and are willing to learn AWS (and do it fast).
- Knows Linux—really knows it, inside and out. (Or, you know at least some Linux, but can prove that you can learn fast).
- Is a good communicator. We are a very tightly integrated team, and we work together all the time. There is no mine-yours attitude. We expect colleagues to communicate proactively: talk, email, chat, commit messages, you name it.
Support for your, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
Please indicate that you are applying from Make it in Ukraine