As the founding lead for a brand new team at Harvest, you’ll shape the way Harvest uses data science and analytics from the ground up to inform strategic level business decisions. Your team will work across the company, touching every aspect of Harvest. You will build a team that interacts with product, design, marketing, engineering, and customer support to propose insights, build and monitor KPIs, and deploy interesting machine learning and predictive models to better understand how to best help our customers succeed. You’ll report to our Head of Product + Customer Experience.
What you’ll do:
- Build the insight team from scratch.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, insight generation, and communication to see beyond the numbers and understand customers and prospects.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to help educate and grow a more data-informed company culture, build KPI dashboards, and analyze macro trends.
- Work directly with the executive team to use data to help inform company-wide strategy, identify gaps and opportunities, measure progress, and support day-to-day execution and delivery of various business level aggregated OKRs.
- Bring to life machine learning discipline that can ultimately perform predictions, analyze patterns, and uncover hidden stories told through data.
- Partner with cross-functional teams in developing research initiatives and undertake data exploration.
- Work with Engineering to build a robust scalable data infrastructure required to grow a sustainable data
Who you are:
- You have a strong vision for the role of data science. You know how to uncover untold stories through data and impact big decisions with them.
- You are curious, a deep learner, a craftsperson. You care about helping others make informed decisions with the use of data. You take initiative in starting things.
- You have a deep understanding of SaaS business model, business intelligence funnels, and growth tactics.
- You like small teams. You want to get to know people by name, and you’re not shy about starting something from scratch.
- You value a distributed and diverse work culture. Working side-by-side with co-workers from around the world is something you cherish.
- You have a desire to build a team that balances practicality and reality with rigor, modeling data-informed decision making for all of Harvest.
- You love educating and mentoring others. You believe helping people help themselves cultivates a data-informed culture for everyone.
What you’ve done:
- 10+ years of experience in working in the field of data science, quantitative analysis, or business intelligence.
- 5+ years working in SaaS or Marketplace businesses.
- 3+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity.
- 10+ years experience in SQL and other programming languages.
- Deep technical expertise in predictive modeling and machine learning.
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Experience communicating data stories in meaningful and actionable manners.
This position requires a four-hour overlap with 8 am - 5 pm ET.