Senior Product Designer
- TypeFull-time candidate
About the job
Headway Product Designer you’ll be working within a small multidisciplinary team of designers and developers on applications and web projects, although sometimes you'll be guiding your own ship on a smaller adventure.
You'll be working closely with our team and clients to challenge assumptions, create small experiments, in-depth prototypes, detailed specifications, and style guides.
With a high priority on business and user needs, you'll help make decisions that stand up for users to solve their problems and create true value in their lives.
About the company
Founded in 2015, Headway was born out of a passion to bring entrepreneurial ideas to market and keep them there. We work holistically with our client partners as a true extension of their product team, not just as the technical execution arm of their business. If we see something broken, whether that's a workflow, a marketing or messaging strategy, or a needless feature, we speak up, and our clients trust us to help them fix it.
Because we're more than just designers and developers, we achieve results that bring successful long-term partnerships and trusted referrals. We help entrepreneurs build a business ―not just an app. This approach, coupled with realistic and incremental software releases, results in a friendly, fun, and collaborative atmosphere where our colleagues and clients both have room to learn and grow.
As a Senior Designer at Headway, you are responsible for executing within the Headway design process with a focus on client and user needs including:
- Practicing "craft within context" and providing Designers and apprentices advice and guidance.
- Driving all design from the outside-in with user story mapping and MoSCoW prioritization.
- Assisting with design critiques and QA
- Participating in pairing sessions to help crewmates learn and grow.
- Performing QA of both internal design quality and end-user UI/UX
- Conducting user interviews, creating small experiments, in-depth prototypes, detailed specifications, design systems, and validation.
- Set project design direction and follow through with successful execution and delivery.
- Interfacing with clients during sprint planning sessions and retros to ensure projects are on track
- Leading product/project discovery sessions and workshops with necessary internal and external stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience shipping applications for Web, iOS, and Android
- Experience working with businesses at different levels of maturity
- Professional knowledge of user-centered design, usability principles and techniques
- The ability to present your work and stand firm for the right reasons
- Working within multidisciplinary teams with ux designers, visual designers, and developers
- Communicating and working with developers to solve technical challenges
- Visualizing and prototype concepts to varying levels of fidelity to demonstrate and test ideas
- Experience working within Agile/SCRUM processes
- Passionate with a hunger to design and make things people use everyday
- The ability to think big whilst being detail oriented and delivery focused
- Organized and self-motivated
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- The ability to deal with pressure and can work in a fast paced environment
- ++ Experience with interaction prototyping tools like Framer, Invision Studio, Principle
- ++ Experience designing branding and identity
- ++ Experience running or participating in design sprints