About the role
We're working hard to build a strong core of expertise around complex information capture on the web. To get there, we need help from a brilliant front-end developer who loves to build fast, accessible, progressively enhanced web applications that deliver tremendous value.
In this role you'll be working remotely and choosing your own hours, but within that flexibility you'll be expected to deliver features and improvements in an efficient, timely manner. The role is ideal for someone who likes stability and routine, as you'll spend most of your time problem solving, writing code, and shipping value.
What you'll get
- We're expecting to make an offer between £40,000 to £60,000 per annum for this role.
- We'll provide you with all the equipment you need for your work, including a 16" Macbook Pro.
- We're a remote-first company, offering flexible working hours.
- You'll get 20 days holiday, as well as your birthday, off each year (birthdays are for cake, and cake only).
- We'll keep your personal progression a priority with fortnightly one on ones and 6-monthly performance reviews.
- Efficient delivery of high quality features and improvements to our clients web applications.
- Collaborating effectively with your coworkers to come to the best solution for given constraints.
- Communicating clear, concise updates to clients in a way that anticipates their needs.
- Driving the technical quality of our work, and knowledge around complex data capture forward.
You will need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A good high level understanding how web browsers work (HTTP, the DOM, etc.).
- A good understanding of how to use your browser's development tools.
- A good understanding of issues related to user experience, performance, accessibility, progressive enhancement, and cross-browser compatibility.
- A willingness to learn new technologies and programming languages.
- Industry experience (we love juniors, but this is not a junior role, sorry!).
Bonus points if…
- You have some experience with React.
- You're happy enough figuring things out in your terminal.
- You're not afraid to voice your opinion.
- You have experience working in a client-focussed business.
- You have experience with another programming language.
This is a remote position. However, when we're not quarantined, a few times a year we like everyone to drop into Canterbury - famous for its cathedrals, cobbles and tales - for a bit of face-time with the rest of the team.
Please indicate that you are applying from Make it in Ukraine.