Do you enjoy using narratives to convey complex topics?
Are you passionate about learning?
Are you interested in crafting courses that provide the best learning experience imaginable?
If so, this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
There is still far too much mental health stigma in the world. We are part of the movement to revolutionize psychology and medical treatment globally, spreading a form of psychology that at its very core is equalizing and humanizing. We are the premier Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) training facilitator in the U.S. and aspire to set a new standard in evidence-based professional development.
You can check us out here: https://www.praxiscet.com/
And have a look at one of our best-selling on-demand courses here: https://act.courses/
We’re looking for someone…
...to assist our Course Developer in the creation of our on-demand online courses. Our Course Developer is a world-class editor and ghostwriter, and you would be working directly with her and learning her process of extracting all the expertise from our trainers’ heads and working it into a logical structure to be presented to students in an online course.
We need someone who is a fan of online courses and loves learning in that way – and who relishes the prospect of crafting the best learning experience imaginable.
If you are someone who:
…this could be a dream opportunity for you.
Duties for this position will include…
– Shadowing our Course Developer in the strategic interviewing of our trainers where you’ll get all of their expertise out of their heads and down on paper
– Taking meeting minutes and liaising with course producers – you will be the all-important link between editorial development and production
– Keeping logs of all of the information being dealt with, and being our Course Developer’s go-to for questions such as: What has been reviewed? What is still waiting for approval?
– Holding trainers accountable for work that’s required of them
– Writing and editing scripts for course videos
– Reviewing course videos and guiding our video editor
– Managing the creation of course documents and resources, keeping things simple and concise for the end-user, even with highly complex topics
– Putting together reading and resources lists
– Writing introductions and summaries for the members areas of our courses, as well as emails to members
We’re a great company to join. Here’s why…
We’re a cosmopolitan team and some of us don’t have English as our first language. However, this is one of the few roles for which being a native English speaker is a requirement.
You’ll also need to be on Eastern Time (or close) to work at the same time as our Course Developer. Our trainers have extremely busy schedules, so having a relatively flexible schedule yourself will be required in order for this to work.
Pay will be set at a competitive hourly rate, and the position will begin at 20–25 hours per week. For the right person, there will be opportunities for growth and development, with the potential to lead your own projects down the line.
Please write back to [email protected] with a short note letting us know your experience and why you think you would be a good fit. Don’t include a CV or resume – all that matters is whether you can do the job. But feel free to note credentials that you think will assist you in the role.
We won’t be able to get back to everyone, but for those who stand out, we will be in touch to discuss next steps very shortly.
There's no deadline for submissions, though those who apply sooner have an advantage.
We will pick one candidate from interviews to begin a paid two-week trial (to assess on-the-job performance and cultural fit) to then move ahead with the role.
No agencies, please. We’re looking for an individual we can help grow and nurture in their career.
Thank you for considering the position and reading until this point. If you’re feeling on the fence about applying: please do.
Best of luck, and we look forward to hearing from you!
My name’s Kathryn and I’m Managing Producer at Praxis Continuing Education and Training. At Praxis, we strive to provide the absolute best in evidence-based training for mental health professionals.