As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be required to produce and implement functional software solutions on our Optimization service. You will work with Product Managers and other Engineers in a cross-functional team to implement key features that will provide tangible results to the success
Optimisation is key to scheduling at scale. Our solution needs to free schedulers up to deal with the exceptions they encounter every day, and we do that by optimising schedules automatically. Optimisation is a complex problem - companies want to optimise for those variables that most directly impact their business, whether that’s resource utilisation, travel time, cost, continuity of care, other factors, or combinations of many factors.
We need you to help us continue our optimisation journey.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering performant, scalable solutions that meet the growing needs of our largest customers. They are able to clearly determine business requirements, model the underlying business domain, create documentation that other team members can leverage to deliver value to the end-users, and understand nuances related to microservice design.
Day to Day
- Writing and reviewing code from the sprint backlog inline with frontend guild best practices
- Assisting in driving squad sprint execution to ensure timelines are met without compromising on quality.
- Anticipates and communicates blockers or delays for their work (or their squads) before they require escalation.
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other engineers, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical discussions/decisions that impact their team.
- Ensures their commitments are realistic, understands their priority and urgency, and delivers upon them accordingly.
Communication & Leadership Duties
- Communicate within your team in an effective, clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form on technical and non-technical subjects.
- Helps their fellow team members overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
- Must have at least 5+ years commercial experience working with various server side technologies
- Must have at least 3+ years commercial experience working with Scala
- Must have at least 3+ years working with unit and integration testing patterns
- Must have at least 2+ years working with agile development methodologies
- Preferred candidates will have solid computer science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and ideally complex scheduling and optimization algorithms.
- Preferred candidates will have a team player mentality, quick on their feet, agile, and aren't afraid to speak up and voice their opinion.
- Preferred candidates will have prior experience setting up and contributing to CI/CD environments
- Preferred candidates will have prior experience with ORMs
- Preferred candidates will have experience with functional programming patterns and practices
- Preferred candidates will have prior experience working with GraphQL