Senior Python Developer
About the role
We are seeking an experienced software engineer with proven programming and analytic abilities that has been through the ups and downs of developing large software projects before. You would be a fundamental member of the team focusing on building a solid foundation for the platform. We seek people who are excited and driven to continue growing with the experience of working with talented engineers, and help others improve. We are obsessed with disrupting an industry that desperately needs it, by continuing to build tools that help make our customers do great things.
You will work on helping us solidify a successful and profitable product that integrates with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify, Amazon, eBay and Etsy. The integrations are used at scale and is continuously growing.
- You understand that great things are accomplished when teams work together.
- You’ve got lots of experience with Python
- You can code review other team members work and provide assistance and appreciate feedback.
- You take pride in your craft.
- You’ve learned from building systems and solutions the reasons to avoid technical debt, and how to approach and implement TDD and CI practices.
- You can craft elegant solutions when solving complex features and solutions.
- You’ve made a lot of mistakes, and most importantly, have learned from them.
- 8+ years of experience writing software
- You are comfortable and even enjoy mentoring others in different skillsets
- You have worked on medium and large projects that have gone to production and lived there for a while
- Work on a cross-functional team including front end and UX to build solutions that are easy for customers to understand, work consistently and scale well.
- Review features and requirements and guide, design and implement solutions.
- Understand business requirements and think through solutions in terms of not just the coding implementation but also how the solution fits into the solution and how it solves a customer need.
- Ability to estimate effort and ship on agreed schedule. Comfortable pushing yourself and your team members when challenges pop up.
- Lead regular code reviews, with the goal of code quality, good design and approach along with pushing engineers to improve and evolve.
- Optimize existing tech stack and solutions, determine path to next step in the evolution.
- Learn, and push those around you to do the same - this is a craft that you’re constantly improving upon.
- Implement solutions that are pragmatic to get the platform built.
- Have the confidence to work with experienced and talented people to just build great things, you’re not a “rockstar”.
- Work with ShipHero leadership to implement practices and principles for the team.
About the company
We have built a software platform entrusted by hundreds of e-commerce companies, large and small to run their operations and we continue to grow. About US $1billion of e-commerce orders are shipped a year via ShipHero. Many of our customers sell on Shopify and/or Amazon. We’re driven to help our customers grow their businesses, by providing a platform that solves complex problems, and is engineered to be reliable and fast. We are obsessed with building great technology, that is beautiful, easy to use and is loved by our customers. Our culture also reflects our ethos and belief that by bringing passionate, talented and great people together - you can do great things.