- You get things done.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You know best practices of different agile methodologies, but you are not set on one, you can apply the best practices in a startup, async environment.
- You work async. You use meetings strategically.
- You understand tech, are familiar with the latest web technologies, and you have previous coding experience.
- You understand startups are chaotic and you kind of like it. You are able to navigate, reign in and thrive in the chaos.
In this role you will...
- Help the squads deliver in a fast-paced environment where there is not a lot of process and documentation to guide you.
- Work with two squads in different timezones.
- Get the needs from product/support/design/growth/engineering and break down the work into user stories and tasks that are clear for the engineering team to deliver.
- Validate the specs and fulfill the missing parts. Sometimes, you will write the specs by yourself.
- Organize backlogs, milestones, epics, and iterations.
- Host the iteration ceremonies (the less, the better).
- Communicate and create visibility for the entire company on what the squads are shipping.
- 2+ years of working experience as a technical project manager in a startup or similar environment.
- Working knowledge or proven understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Background in engineering, quality assurance or design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, equity, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class
Please indicate that you are applying from Make it in Ukraine.