We’re looking for someone who will tirelessly dig into the detail, rigorously examining UI & UX
behaviours across multiple platforms such as web, mobile and email, check them against expected
behaviours, and report findings.
We’re looking for someone who is interested in writing automated tests. Perhaps you’ve only done manual QA up until now - or perhaps you’ve previously worked as a business analyst, documenting
requirements. Either path is fine, as long as you are keen to grow.
We’re looking for someone who’s organised and motivated - additionally, we’d like to find someone who asks great questions, and who challenges the team to answer them.
You will be working in a small, friendly and open design & development team. We’re working hard to make great customer experiences and we see this role as integral to that.
What you’ll be doing
As a QA engineer on our product development team, you will spend time:
● Documenting detailed user acceptance criteria on new stories and features, on which you will then plan and execute your tests
● Testing new builds on our staging environment, across web and mobile (functional and non-functional testing)
● Lend occasional testing support to other parts of the business that may have one-off technical projects
● Creating and managing tickets in JIRA
● Communicating & collaborating with designers, developers & stakeholders
● Continuously upskill your technical knowledge and expertise
● Play an active role in our product development conversations
What you’ll need to be successful:
You’ll be a motivated and capable engineer who is passionate about continuous learning and growth, as well as bringing the following key skills and experience:
● Familiarity with Postman, BrowserStack, TablePlus, Jira
● Understanding of client-server architecture
● Basic knowledge in relational and non-relational databases (PostgreSQL, Redis)
● Understanding of HTTP protocol; experience in testing REST API
● Good written and verbal communication skills & an ability to explain issues clearly
● A forensic approach to website structure & elements
● An eye for design: you notice UI/UX issues and deviations from expected behaviour and you’re passionate about making our products as accessible as possible
● Planning and prioritisation skills: you understand how to create rigorous functional tests and execute these in a timely manner
● Eagerness to learn, grow and get stuck in!
● Strong communication skills in English and a willingness to have your voice heard
● Transparent: You are open, honest, and always uphold the trust of your team and stakeholders.
● Thoughtful: You go the extra mile, every time, to delight our users with limited resources. Your thoughtfulness extends to your team, and you consider who will inherit your
documentation when you write it.
● Tenacious: The idea of testing the same functionality on 3 different browsers, a mobile phone and an iPad doesn’t phase you. You’ll keep digging until you are satisfied that the product is solid.
● Continuously Learning: You are passionate about learning and care deeply about broadening your horizons and developing yourself. You’re interested in developing your technical skills.
● A Deep Diver: You pay attention to the details and are skeptical about outcomes unless metrics tell us otherwise
Property search is broken. In the future, tenants will instantly be matched to the homes and neighbourhoods that best meet their needs. SearchSmartly is building that future today.