- Salary$2000 - $2500
About the role
Role and responsibilities
- Develop functional and appealing web-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Maintain high-quality graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Monitor application performance, identify usability problems, and rectify the issues
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Create quality prototypes on tight timelines
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 4+ years' front-end web development experience required
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails applications
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Experience implementing responsive and mobile UI’s
- Strong understanding of layout aesthetics
- Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging techniques
Preferred skills (Let us know if you have any of the following!)
- Experience working as a designer
- Experience writing and running automated tests, or performing manual QA & UAT
- Experience building SaaS platforms
- Experience with graphics software such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, Photoshop etc.
- Experience with UX/UI Design software such as Figma, InVision, Zeplin etc.
Timeline & Commitment
This is a full-time, remote position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume and any available portfolio / cover letter to careers @ visit.org or upload them to this listing.
About the company
Visit.org is looking for an intelligent, ambitious front-end developer to join our team. We are based in New York City but have many remote, full-time employees, with developers working together in Lviv Ukraine, and additional staff in Europe and the Philippines.
Visit.org is a platform that helps companies easily integrate social responsibility into their culture through unique team events powered by local nonprofits and social ventures. The product was launched recently with very strong traction. We’re a startup, so the right candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for our mission, and of course, the desire to roll up your sleeves and make the impossible happen.
The front-end developer will bridge the gap between design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will need strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with product, designers, developers, and external stakeholders—and flexibility to adapt to changing requirements in a fast-paced environment.