- Design, build and maintain complex globally distributed infrastructure used by millions of users generating billions of requests daily
- Use techniques like code review, direct feedback and pair programming to collaborate with others, ensuring the team and our tech is high quality and fit for purpose
- Present complex features in simple language to team members of varying technical levels, gather feedback and ensure everyone is aligned for when the project ships
- Ensure your code holds up under the stress of millions of concurrent users by writing tests, liaising with internal QA and monitoring systems
- Where necessary, expand your knowledge by referencing engineering resources to help ensure our technical decisions make sense and are up to date with current methodology
"Should Have" Traits
- Past experience engineering large scalable systems or frameworks
- Containerization and service orchestration experience such as Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience managing cloud services at scale (we use GCP)
- Deep understanding of the design and implementation of data structures (stacks, queues, graphs, hashmaps, etc) and algorithms (BFS, DFS, Quicksort, etc)
- Familiarity and intuition for standard software design principles, such as Separation of Concerns and Single Responsibility Principle.
- Familiarity with unix based operating systems.
"Nice to Have" Traits
- Big data architecture experience using solutions such as Elasticsearch and Hadoop
- Contributions to open source projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Game development or industry-adjacent experience
- Distributed systems programming experience
- Understanding of security fundamentals
While submitting, please indicate that you are applying from Make it in Ukraine.