Mobile apps are our lifeblood. With no fussy clients to limit our imagination and thirst for quality, we create our own gorgeous apps for iOS (and, more recently, for Android too). Selected dozens of times as App of the Day and even pre-installed on in-store showcase devices, our apps are loved by millions all over the world. We owe our success to the great work of our developers and designers, who make polish and performance their obsession. Now, to bring our products to the next level, we’re looking for an experienced, passionate UX designer capable of making our apps even more elegant and intuitive.
A few examples of your activities:
- Directly impact the success of our products by supporting the Design team in the identification and troubleshooting of UX problems.
- Apply UX best practices to in-house tools, ensuring that our internally developed solutions make every Spooner’s life easier.
- Work with product leads, designers, and developers to create wireframes that meet users’ needs and enhance the quality of our products.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends, sharing your knowledge with the rest of the team and championing the application of best practices across products and tools.
- Conduct user research to validate your findings with hard data.
What We Offer
- Your work, in the hands of millions. Our apps have been downloaded hundreds of millions of times. We're a global force and your work will be enjoyed by users all over the world. Exciting, right?
- Design for people, not clients. Here, there aren’t any clients doing backseat driving—we cater solely to our users. That means you're free to unleash your creativity on the people whose opinions matter most: the app-loving public.
- Top-of-the market tools. You get the best hardware on the market and all the software you could need. We can't wait to introduce you to our high-tech approach to design and to our cutting-edge workflows.
- People who lift each other up. We hire for talent and leave divas at the door. You'll find a group of super-skilled Spooners who are eager to learn and teach their secrets. Reciprocal support and respect is everything—you’re unlikely to ever encounter a more harmonious crew.
- Continuous education. We pay for your Italian/English language lessons, but that’s not where it ends. If you make a good case for some extra learning, we’re delighted to foot the tab.
- No micromanaging. Own your efforts—you’ll be one of the team and fully trusted to take responsibility for your tasks. You’ll have every incentive to make a real impact.
- Remote working, flexible schedule, and unlimited vacations. This isn’t a “punch in, punch out” company. We care about your productivity, not tracking every minute you’re on site. It’s up to you to always be responsible with your work, no matter where you are or what schedule you’re keeping.
What We Look For
- Business-orientation. You know how to create with your audience in mind, delivering practical solutions within engineering constraints and leveraging data to optimize your offerings.
- Passion for the subject. You have a long-standing, proven passion for UX design. Ideally, you have an aligned background or a portfolio proving your love for understanding users’ needs and creating UX solutions that meet them.
- Some expertise. You’ve got hands-on knowledge of mobile UX design and up-to-date knowledge of platforms. Ideally, you have experience with web or mobile UX design, but it’s OK if you only experimented with it in your free time.
- Humility. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to get your hands dirty with whatever the team needs to succeed.
- Interpersonal skills. You love working closely with teammates and can build quality relationships with pretty much everybody.
- Drive. You’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done well. You’re massively into getting results and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Conversational English. You read and write well and can hold a relatively fluent conversation in English—even if the topic is somewhat complex or technical.
- Attention to detail. You care about developing quality user experiences, and notice the details that make a difference. You get a kick out of making a user experience just perfect.
- Availability. We work 9-6 GMT+1. Our schedule is flexible, but we prefer to work together most of the time. That’s why you should live somewhere with a similar timezone—between GMT-2 and GMT+3.
Commitment & Contract
Full-time, permanent (tempo indeterminato).
Our HQ is in downtown Milan, but you'll be working from the comfort of your home.
Compensation & Benefits
- The latest Mac, iPhone, and wireless noise-canceling headphones, as well as any software you might need to perform at your best.
- Our total compensation is top of the market and can grow rapidly and include stock options, depending on your performance.