- TypeFull-time candidate
About the role
- Work with an agile, cross functional team
- Manage and provision of infrastructure through code
- Run and manage Linux based systems
- Design and implement database backed applications
- Take responsibility for our systems availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response
- Think about performance and security as keys to build sustainable products
- Do research and derive customer implementation
- Proven experience as a devops engineer or similar role (3years+)
- Experience with one of the following languages Python, Go, Java or similar
- Strong knowledge of running and using Kubernetes
- Strong Know-how in SQL
- Strong experience in application administration
- Knowledge of Cloud hosting providers, such as Azure, AWS or similar
- Comprehensive understanding of distributed systems
- High affinity to transform customer needs into software
- Craftsmanship to continuously improve and take over responsibility for existing code bases
- Ability to find problem specific solutions
- Fluent English
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience running and hosting CrateDB
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Work experience with agile methodologies, such as Scrum
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Very flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Please indicate in your cover letter that you are applying from Make it in Ukraine.
About the company
At Crate.io our mission is to empower people in every organization to make better decisions in real-time by harnessing the data generated through machinery and sensors. We have a unique capability in facilitating the ingestion and analysis of industrial scale machine data unlocking the bottlenecks associated with legacy technologies and helping companies to reduce risk and increase the efficiency of their operations.
CrateDB is an Industrial IOT database technology for enterprise manufacturing and industrial organisations needing to scale the use of machine data to enable advanced real-time analytics and insights. The market's most advanced distributed SQL database, CrateDB’s technical architecture unlocks unlimited scale and speed, at a cost previously unachievable and is the only technology capable of simultaneously processing complex sensor/metadata in real time.
With our Analytics Platform, we are leveraging the power of CrateDB for discrete manufacturing use cases to enable the frontline workers by providing a “digital friend” to them. We build the next generation of analytics processes and tools to enable efficiency on the factory floor and help rollout teams and integration specialists to roll this out to their factories.
We are a deep-tech, VC funded startup with offices in Dornbirn (Austria), Berlin and San Francisco.