Back End Developer
- TypeFull-time candidate
About the role
FireCask is looking for an experienced and passionate back end developer to join our team! You will be working on a wide range of projects and your tasks will vary for all clients based both within the UK and overseas.You must have a proven background in back end web development, and be committed to keeping up to date with industry news and best practices.
- In-Depth Knowledge of WordPress and its API.
- 2+ years practical knowledge of PHP7, MySQL, and LAMP Stack.
- 1+ years practical knowledge of API development.
- Ability to use version control (Git).
- A basic knowledge of Gulp & NPM. (How to install packages via NPM and run a Gulp script, or can learn quickly).
- Knowledge of local development environments (such as MAMP and Vagrant/VVV).
- Knowledge of Testing frameworks (like Unit Testing).
- Coding with SEO and performance best practices in mind.
- Client relationship skills with the ability to document and train technical novices.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Knowledge of server environments, maintenance and security.
- A basic understanding of CSS and Sass.
- Knowledge of PWA implementation.
- Knowledge of Angular, VUE and/or React JS.
- Knowledge of Laravel.
- A knowledge of the command line & configuring servers.
- Magento 2 skills.
- A passion for the industry, it’d be great if you attend local meetups and conferences.
- Moonlighting projects (include them in your application!)
- Experience with public speaking
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent Experience:
- WordPress: 1 year (Required)
- Web Development: 2 years (Required)
About the company
FireCask is a small but powerful full-service digital marketing and development agency based in Manchester.
We provide our expert skills and knowledge to a vast range of clients, large and small, all over the world. Some of our clients choose to utilise our services as their sole marketing resource, whereas others ask us to support their in-house team’s efforts. Our job is to strengthen your business’ online presence using our unique expertise in both digital marketing and website development. It’s what we do best.