As a Senior Product Manager, Native Apps, you are responsible for all instances of owned and operated Harvest apps beyond the web. This includes our iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac app suite. You and your engineering, design, and support partners will lay out a clear vision for Harvest Native Apps, its relation to the core web product, and deliver said vision. You’ll own the product suite end-to-end, starting from research all the way through to app store optimization and relationship management with hardware and OS manufacturers. You will have a broad latitude to do what it takes to make Harvest Native Apps a product offering that’s on par with the web counterpart, while leveraging the unique use-cases and benefits that native ecosystems offer. You’ll report to our Head of Product and Customer Experience.
What You'll Do:
- Own the product roadmap, backlog, and OKRs of Harvest native apps product suite, with an eye towards compatibility with the web product suite.
- Run projects from end-to-end with design and development teams. We operate using Basecamp’s Shape Up cycle development framework (not agile).
- Set a vision for excellence for your domain space and actualize them.
- Build and evangelize a “native apps too” culture by cultivating and championing the work of the team within and outside of Harvest.
- Operate day-to-day aspects of the app stores for Harvest so the product is well represented, have great discovery and download funnel. Liaise support and monitoring workflows with appropriate internal teams.
- Build and maintain relationships with key technology partners in this space.
- Occasionally create mock-ups, UI elements, and work with developers in light-touch design needs.
- Communicate progress and updates succinctly with the executive team and the company at large.
- Collaborate with other product, marketing, and customer support teammates on various initiatives.
Who you are:
- You have a track record of owning a product suite with exposure to more than one million customers.
- You have expert understanding of native apps development cycle and ecosystem.
- To you, WWDC and Google I/O are must-watch live streams or must-attend events. You care deeply about the usability and design of connected devices of all kinds. In your spare time, you contemplate how technology affects people in the always-connected lifestyle.
- You embrace a challenge, persist in the face of setbacks, understand give-take priorities, champion open disagree-and-commit dialogs, and are inspired by the success of others.
- You are technically savvy. While you don’t have to write any code yourself, you’re not shy about jumping into GitHub and working with engineers on various issues or juggling a hardware library.
- You have a track record for solving problems with real business impact and have owned the setting, building, and validating impact hypotheses. You are outcome-focused.
- You are self-directed, curious, and patient. You enjoy working independently without much supervision.
- You have exposure to and enjoy business development work, especially with regards to building relationships with technology partners in the native app space.
- You like small teams. You want to get to know people by name, and you’re not shy about starting something from scratch.
- You value a distributed and diverse work culture. Working side-by-side with co-workers from around the world is something you cherish.
- You value design excellence and craftsmanship over growth-for-growth's-sake.
What You’ve Done:
- Ideally 8+ years experience in Product Management, preferably with a focus in native apps space.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking and the ability to use data and research to inform decisions and inspire new avenues for exploration.
- Expertise in project management.
- Strong interest and track-record in dabbling with design and UX.
- Expert understanding of native apps ecosystem capabilities.
- Experience in leading a globally distributed team, formally or informally.
Please indicate that you are applying from Make it in Ukraine.