We’re looking for a passionate Product Designer with solid experience building design systems that can help teams build UI and design at scale.
Reporting into our Principal Product Designer, this is an excellent remote career opportunity within Hotjar’s P&E department, playing a part in delivering the next wins for Hotjar.
- Lead the visual and interaction design of building blocks and UI patterns that make up the Hotjar user interface.
- Design the required shapes, forms, styles and components that are part of our systemic design language. Document the right definition and use, do’s and don’ts. Make design audits and reviews to ensure we address our inconsistencies.
- Maintain a shared component library, design tokens, and other artefacts to serve multiple teams, squads, and tribes in Hotjar’s P&E organization.
- Partner with 10+ designers across multiple squads to come up with solutions that consider and prioritize our design debt, design dependencies, and that support teams building UI at scale.
- Be a bridge with our Brand Design team, introducing our brand character into the personality of our building blocks. Keep agreement and a single brand identity across organizations.
- Work with software engineers to ensure our designed components are in-sync with React components. Consider technical constraints to always bring incremental value.
- Work with Experience Design leadership to provide a consistent experience in all our Hotjar touch-points, while allowing the team to design at scale.
- You have 4+ years of experience in product design and user-centric practices. You’ve built and managed at least a couple of design systems and have deep experience in the field.
- You have solid experience writing component documentation. Your strength is to partner and solve requirements across different teams and designers while educating how to build UI at scale.
- Mastery in Figma and additional design tools that allow modern design teams to develop a design system.
- Experience guiding deliverables across groups, multiple squads, and tribes.
- You are a visual and interaction designer, who provides detailed component behavior states that are both accessible and that can solve complex design problems. You understand technical constraints and can make trade-offs.
- You have a natural inclination to always think MVP first.
- Experience leading user testing sessions and validating design efforts. You put the user in the center of the interaction model you build for our components library.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €55,000 to €90,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.
While submitting, please indicate that you are applying from Make it in Ukraine.