Head of Developer Relations
- Salary€40k - 80k | Equity
About the role
The world has over a million APIs, and we're on a mission to create a sandbox for every one of them. We are looking for an energetic, outgoing developer that enjoys nurturing partnerships with API-driven communities, from Salesforce to Stripe to Mastercard, to help them prototype faster and test smarter with Meeshkan sandboxes.
About the role
We are looking for a developer that loves participating in API-driven communities to spread the word about our innovative sandboxing technology. As Head of Developer Relations, you'll be in charge of growing our existing partnerships and forging new ones with users of APIs from Google, PayPal, Stripe, Alpaca, Mastercard and Amadeus, to name a few. These partnerships manifest themselves in several ways:
- conducting market research surveys.
- helping people build API sandboxes.
- creating MVPs around APIs to spur collaboration.
- answering questions about integration testing and helping people write tests.
What unites these disparate tasks is that they help foster and sustain a long-term dialogs with communities of API users that, in turn, help us build the best API-sandboxing tool on the planet.
Who is a good fit
The core of the role is research and learning. If you love attending and speaking at meetups, participating in online communities, building API-related MVPs, and solving problems with thought leaders in the API space, this role is for you.
Here are some soft requirements for the position:
- Two to three years of experience as a developer, developer advocate or technical writer.
- Outgoing personality, with a passion for meeting people and learning about how they use APIs.
- Ability to work in a remote-first company and independently organize work.
- An active presence, or a desire to build and active presence, on important developer forums such as twitter, glitch and dev.to.
- Strong organizational skills, as there are thousands of API-centric communities and all of them function at different paces, so you'll have to keep track of many ongoing conversations.
- Novel ideas for how to measure and assess developer engagement with our open-source projects.
- Ability to assist in technical sales to API providers that purchase a sandbox from Meeshkan.
About the company
We are Meeshkan, and we build fake stuff for developers. Fake APIs, fake databases, fake streams - if they can make it, we can fake it. We do not make fake money (yet), fake Louis Vuitton bags, or but we'll fake basically anything else that needs faking.