You’ll be a motivated and capable engineer who is passionate about continuous learning and
growth, as well as bringing the following key skills and experience:
● Proven experience as a ReactJS developer (coding, design and problem-solving skills)
● Proven interest in backend technologies such as Python and Django (as evidenced by past
projects / GitHub / similar)
● A solid understanding of CSS and experience with CSS preprocessors
● Experience building robust UI’s that are consistent across different browsers and devices
● Experience delivering software using an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) methodology. You enjoy and
understand the importance of unit and end-to-end testing
● Interest in Machine Learning (ML) would be beneficial
● Eagerness to learn, grow and get stuck in!
● Strong communication skills in English and a willingness to have your voice heard
● Transparent: You are open, honest, and always uphold the trust of your team and
● Thoughtfully Tenacious: You go the extra mile, every time, to delight our users with limited
resources. Your thoughtfulness extends to your team, and you consider who will inherit your
code when you write it
● Continuously Learning: You are passionate about learning and care deeply about broadening
your horizons and developing yourself. When it comes to engineering, you enjoy wearing
● A Deep Diver: You pay attention to the details and are skeptical about outcomes unless
metrics tell us otherwise
Hours. We work Monday to Friday, 9 to 6 UK time with an hour lunch. We are a close-knit, fully remote team.
Growth. We care about your professional development and expect you to invest in it:
We offer a £1000 L&D allowance, which renews annually. Permissible expenses include online courses, certifications, shared resources for the tech team (e.g. books or certain tutorial websites) etc.
We set aside 1 working day per month for professional development.
We set aside 1 working day per month for hackathons.
We run regular brown bag lunches and would expect you to contribute to these.
We are open to new initiatives on learning and development, e.g. engineering katas.
We offer employee progression plans.
Health. Your physical wellbeing is important to us. You can expense up to $25/month in local gym costs / online memberships to fitness organisations like NEOU.
Holidays. We offer 25 days of annual leave + 8 UK national holidays (33 days total). Note that the UK has slightly fewer national holidays than Ukraine, so if you wanted to take all the Ukrainian national days, you’d dip into your 25 day allowance.
Probation. Our standard probation period is 90 days (3 months)
As a member of our product development team, you will spend time:
● Architecting solutions with peers and writing code.
● Taking part in code reviews, writing tests, and upholding a high standard of quality
● Building relationships with peers and teaching them things you know (running brown bag
sessions, katas, participating in hackathons)
● Continuously upskill your technical knowledge and expertise
● Play an active role in our product development conversations
What we are building:
Property search is broken. In the future, tenants will instantly be matched to the homes and
neighbourhoods that best meet their needs. SearchSmartly is building that future today.
Our unique technology reimagines and simplifies the property matchmaking experience by doing the
heavy lifting to uncover the properties that are best suited to each tenant’s complete personal
needs. Our mission is to save tenants and estate agents time, stress, and money.
Our tech stack (but open to others!)
● Python + Django Rest Framework
● Node.js (phasing out)