Our North American Life & Health business is seeking Data Specialist to join our Toronto-based Reinsurance Operations team.
Reinsurance Operations (RO) is an integral part of Munich Re; responsible for the end-to-end processing of Life and Living Benefits treaties (reinsurance contracts with ceding companies) and corresponding client data.
As a Data Specialist, you will be a vital member of the team, joining our Center of Excellence (COE), and be responsible for ensuring reinsurance data on assigned client accounts is processed with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
Based on a combination of past skills and experience, the Data Specialist will be assigned to join a specific group within RO.
This opportunity encompasses a variety of responsibilities and oversight, including but not limited to the following:
• Using Business Process Management tools to create or update workflows containing business rules/logic, translate complex client data, and build file management processes.
• Developing translation specification documents to be used to build mapping logic in the Business Process Management tools.
• Understanding the different data streams for transaction, inforce, claims, retro, and billing.
• Ensuring data meets Munich Re Quality Control standards for reliable and lasting solutions.
• Conducting comprehensive data integrity testing to ensure expected results are released to production.
• Assisting business partners (Data Processing, Corporate, Pricing, Underwriting, Claims, and Finance) with inquiries using basic SQL queries to extract, analyze, and distribute accurate data.
Additional responsibilities specific to the group assigned will include:
Data Specialist group:
• Work closely with the project team to understand requirements and to ensure test coverage.
• Review requirements documents to ensure requirements are complete and testable.
• Develop test plans and ensure all scenarios are covered for functional and regression testing.
• Identify necessary test data for test execution.
• Create and execute test cases following the test process and approach.
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs until their closure.
• Report test status.
As the Data Specialist with RO, you demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, synthesize and implement timely and accurate solutions, and be able to effectively explain concepts to others. You’re self-motivated with a strong work ethic and drive to innovate and make an impactful contribution to the team.
In addition, we’re looking for the following qualifications:
• University Degree and 3-5 years of experience.
• Proficient in programming languages, prior SQL experience.
• Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Software (SSMS, Excel, Access, Outlook etc.), and Power BI.
• Basic understanding of database structures.
• Able to resolve routine problems. Progressing towards resolving non routine issues and data related problems.
• Immediately escalates issues that impede work deliverables.
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
• Dedicated to meet the expectations and requirements of customers and acts with customers in mind.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for interview will be contacted directly.
We thank all candidates for their interest.
Munich Re Canada is committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview and you have a disability which will require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with Human Resources or contact AODARequestHR@munichre.ca as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.