ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are building the next billion-dollar business in enterprise SAAS. We have an amazing 30-person team, with experts in product, engineering, data science, and machine learning. We have onboarded dozens of clients since launching. Now, we are building more of our core IP aswe head towards our Series A fundraiser later this fall.We are searching for an NLP specialist to join our machine learning team; you will own the NLPmodels we build to extract data from invoices, map line items to their canonical forms, andreconcile the invoice data to the general ledger.Here’s how it works: After we ingest PDFs from clients, we perform OCR, extract the text usingtext classification models, validate the extraction with a human in the loop and then map allthe data into our canonical taxonomy.Once the data is mapped to our taxonomy, we have a clean digital invoice-based data asset.We generate insights using this data asset, surfacing line-item level insights to our clients viaour web app.Your role will be critical to generating this intelligence for our clients.
● 3+ years of experience in Python, Data Science, Machine Learning, and NLP
● Have built and deployed deep learning models using TensorFlow and/or PyTorch
● Are well versed in NLP
You’ll be a perfect fit for the Our Team if…
● You want to join an early-stage startup or you are extremely anxious to be challengedat your first startup
● You like the tension between craft and shipping. You have a strong ability to quickly andeffectively evaluate technical tradeoffs and translate them into short/long termbusiness decisions
● You’ve built highly scalable data pipelines and have deep expertise in settingtechnical vision, architecting, building, and maintaining performant systems, fromlaunch to scale
● You are passionate about building / leading data science teams and rapidlydeveloping data pipelines at various stages of growth
● You pride yourself in communicating complex concepts, including the ability to distillintricate workflows and systems into clear processes and decisions with measurablecompany - wide impact
● You ask “why” a lot and use critical thinking and data to back up your intuitions. Youhate when a customer struggles through your product experience
● You have managed a budget before and have seen first-hand the challenges inmanaging vendor spend
The company is an AI-powered spend intelligence solution that
saves SMBs money by analyzing expense drivers and finding line-item level insights overlooked by most accounts payable solutions, which are focused on speeding up payment cycles rather than optimizing vendor spend.
Over time, our mission is to become the all-in-one spend management solution for SMBs that uses AI to: analyze spending, manage approval and payment workflows, identify anomalous spend and savings opportunities, benchmark spend performance vs. peers, find and negotiate savings with vendors, and forecast future expense trends.