Back-End Developer: Build a SaaS video platform from scratch
- TypeFull-time candidate
- Salary$3.5 - $5k
About the role
Patchbay is looking for back-end devs to design and build our cutting-edge live video SaaS platform. This position offers the opportunity to build brand new products as part of a small, nimble, fast-moving team in a very exciting space - live video tech. This team has a lot of opportunity to innovate and contribute to product design and roadmap, using some of the best tech available. Patchbay products are used by large global customers across industry verticals - enterprise, media, events and education.
In this position you will:
- Work closely with the CTO to plan sprints and make technology choices
- Work closely with the front-end dev team as they hook front end apps into the platform API
- Translate functional platform feature requirements into working, highly scalable infrastructure
- Design and build platform integration modules with 3rd-party technology partners
- Build applications and features API-first
- At least 3 years experience developing server applications in NodeJS with Typescript
- Experience with Micro-Service architecture
- Experience with Cloud Based Systems (AWS)
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB/DynamoDB)
- Experience working with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Development (CI/CD) is preferred
- Experience with Live Streaming and Video Encoding technology is preferred
- Experience with Server-less architecture is preferred
- Experience with SaaS and Multi-Tenancy is preferred
What it’s like to work here:
We look for people that are nimble, fast movers. Our culture is to solve problems fast, in a collaborative and open way. Software engineers are encouraged to offer their opinions and challenge technology and methodology choices. Our team is widely spread out - between New York, Tel Aviv, Singapore and Cape Town - and most work is done remotely.
- Remote work is ok
- Must be fluent in either English, Hebrew or Russian
About the company
Virtuvent is a video platform for events, enterprise & new media. We help customers to engage wider audiences, create new revenue and gather detailed data across video content that our platform delivers to any device.
The Virtuvent Services and Systems Integration teams assist customers on-site at their events with live production and encoding services, and at office locations to design fixed live video infrastructure.