Primer is an early stage startup backed by Europe's leading investors (early investors in Revolut, MySQL, TransferWise, UiPath).
Primer consolidates e-commerce merchants' payments services stack through a unified API and front-end checkout. But that's just to start...
We are remote-first 🌏
Started in just January of this year, our team currently sits across London 🇬🇧, Paris 🇫🇷, Wales 🏴 and Berlin 🇩🇪.
Our tech + how we work 🤖
- Our core backend is built with Python, but is being quickly adapted as requirements dictate. Critical components of our architecture will be split in to dedicated microservices, where we'll be looking at higher performant languages for mission-critical functionality.
- We believe in using the best tools for the job, and value engineering expertise over language prowess.
- We value: documentation, test coverage, documentation, code review, documentation, CI/CD and documentation.
- We predominantly communicate over Slack, making little use of email internally. We do daily standups each morning via Google Hangouts. Github is our repo of choice and we track progress via project boards.
- We encourage discussion and debate, but place tremendous value on pragmatism and optimising for output. We're solving new categories of problems, and understand our very best functionality will come about as a result of deep technical insights driven by engineering.