Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Principal Software Engineer will:
Design and develop the application and application architecture of our digital products across all our business units.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you would have experience developing enterprise-scale secured applications, assisting in application architecture design and mentoring junior engineers.
We are a small business with a clear strategy to grow into a large organization. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get in early and grow with the company.
Technical Skills and Requirements
● Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals including architecture and design patterns, concurrency, multithreading, solution design, and data structures
● Experience working on data-heavy applications and writing high-performance algorithms
● Excellent NodeJS, npm, and Express experience
● Experience with server-side programming languages like Java, .Net or PHP
● Experience writing RESTful APIs and micro-services
● Database design and optimization experience. Experience with Postgresql, MongoDB, DynamoDB
● Strong understanding and experience with AWS platform
● Strong understanding of front-end tech like ReactJS, AngularJS
● Experience integrating with message queues like SQS, ActiveMQ
● Experience with source control tools like GitHub and CI/CD pipelines
● Experience with writing performance and load tests
● Experience writing unit and integration tests
● Experience with command-line tool like UNIX/Linux
● Solid debugging skills
● Good knowledge of Google Analytics
● Design and develop application and application architecture to suit high-performing environment with focus on security, quality and scale
● Translate complex business logics to high-performance algorithms
● Develop robust REST APIs and micro-services
● Provide support for NodeJS application hosting - experience with AWS is a must
● Computation optimization for better performance
● Providing technical leadership and mentorship in the team
Adaptive Skills and Requirements
● Team Player. You couldn’t imagine working alone and not being part of a cross-functional team.
● Passionate. You love what you do and are always eagerly reading up on the latest industry trends.
● Entrepreneurial. Forget the corporate-life, you want to work in smaller, nimble, and agile scale-up environments.
● Agency. You’re a self-starter and truly operate at your full potential in highly empowered environments.
It Would Be Awesome if You Also Brought:
● Familiarity with Content Management Systems like Wordpress is desirable
● Machine learning experience is highly desirable
● Experience working with a Product team using design thinking and agile practices
Our office is in Australia in the Sydney CBD, but, this role may work from home anywhere remotely.
What We Offer:
● Collaborative team environment
● Training and development opportunities
● Chance to get in early and grow your career
● We strive to ensure our staff enjoys a great working environment.
● We value and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity and gender equity and promotes flexible working
arrangements for staff to balance working requirements and personal needs.
How to apply:
email: [email protected]
The home of Product Management in Australia since 2004.
Our mission is to provide experienced Product Management to businesses that want to truly understand their customers’ needs, so they can develop innovative products their customers love.
Our three pillars are: Training, Consulting, and Community.
We have trained thousands of people around the world to be superstar Product Managers and helped hundreds of the Asia Pacific’s leading businesses to be more successful by solving their Product problems. We love sharing our expertise and enthusiasm for Product with our 10,000+ community of warm, collaborative, geeky Product people.
We also run Leading the Product, Australia’s favorite Product Management Conference.