Ready for your next big challenge?
We’re looking for someone spectacular - an Android Engineer to join us on this once-in-a-lifetime, roller-coaster ride, "take no prisoners" opportunity that is guaranteed to change the face of sports, entertainment, and data for years to come. Ask questions, look deep inside yourself, and if it seems like a match, let’s hop on the phone and get to know each other.
- Design and build applications for Android platforms
- Ensure performance and quality of the application
- Collaborate with cross functional team to define and design the app
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Perform checks on correct functionality of app
- Integrate application with backend tools such as cloud, APIs and push notifications
- Responsible to help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Responsible for providing prototypes and proofs of concepts
- Maintain clean code by following best practices and code review process
- Integrate 3rd party APIs, SDKs in a seamless manner to meet business objectives
- Create modules that can be exposed as SDKs to interested parties
Required Experience (Mid-level)
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Expert in Java, Kotlin programming
- UI and UX experience in building Android Applications
- Proficiency with 2D and 3D graphics frameworks
- Experience with iOS frameworks
- Adept with benchmarking and modification
- Familiar with Apple's design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficiency with offline storage, threading and performance tuning
- Knowledgeable of REST API and push notifications
- Source Control - Version Management (github etc)
- Familiarity with CI/CD process
We require a small project to start with that should take ≤ 24 hours. We want to ensure we are a good fit and that you are setup to succeed before we invest in each other.
What we offer
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing offices - Dallas and Fort Worth, but offer remote opportunities anywhere in the US or Canada
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As a core team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing. For contractors, insurance benefits follow a probation period.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Sports Access: We offer opportunities to meet with professional sports franchises and engage with some events (live and virtual)