● Python + Django Rest Framework
● Node.js (phasing out)
We are looking for an experienced lead developer who can help us translate long-range product
requirements into technical infrastructure. You’re an excellent communicator who has a can-do
attitude and enjoys coaching other engineers. You’re passionate about continuous learning and
growth, and would like to stretch your muscles with machine learning and DevOps.
● Excellent communication skills in English, able to explain, persuade and justify decisions and
concepts to people at all levels.
● Technologist with a strong hands-on experience in programming, code reviews, unit testing
and software architecture.
● Knowledge of distributed systems & services, object orientation, databases, web application
development, security and open source technologies.
● Knowledge of design patterns and architectural concepts including microservices, low latency
systems, data warehousing, APIs and cloud services.
● Firm knowledge of integration patterns & technologies and experience designing and
implementing integrated, distributed systems.
● Knowledge of software engineering practices including BDD and TDD.
● Experience and understanding of DevOps principles.
● A passion for proactively upskilling others
● Interest in Machine Learning (ML) would be beneficial.
● Comfortable working from home.
● Long-range thinking. Inspire a short-term and long-term strategy for solution
enhancements and technical growth.
● Play a clarifying role in our scoping conversations. You’re comfortable producing and
reviewing estimates, ensuring that they represent a deliverable and commercially viable
● Drive key decisions on platform, technical stack, and overall technical strategy.
● Drive improvement. You’re excited about the latest in CI/CD and bringing others along.
● Draw upon your deep expertise in languages, patterns and practices to quickly resolve
problems if the delivery becomes blocked
● Work with your colleagues to identify technical opportunities for the organisation and
communicate these back to the product team
● Writing code for a significant chunk of your time, take part in code reviews, writing tests, and
upholding a high standard of quality
● Transparent: You are open, honest, and always uphold the trust of your team and
● Thoughtfully Tenacious: You go the extra mile, every time, to delight our users with limited
resources. Your thoughtfulness extends to your team, and you consider who will inherit your
code when you write it.
● Continuously Learning: You are passionate about learning and care deeply about broadening
your horizons and developing yourself. Within engineering, you enjoy wearing multiple hats.
● A Deep Diver: You pay attention to the details and are skeptical about outcomes unless
metrics tell us otherwise.
Please email [email protected] with you CV.
This not the job for you? Send it on to a friend and ask them to say your name in their interview. If selected, we'll give both you and your friend $250.