Our tech stack (but open to others!):
● Python + Django Rest Framework
● Node.js (phasing out)
What you’ll need to be successful:
We are looking for an experienced lead developer who can help us translate long-range product requirements into technical infrastructure. You’re an excellent communicator who has a can-do attitude and enjoys coaching other engineers. You’re passionate about continuous learning and growth, and would like to stretch your muscles with machine learning and DevOps.
You’ll bring the following key skills and experience:
● Excellent communication skills in English, able to explain, persuade and justify decisions and concepts to people at all levels.
● Technologist with a strong hands-on experience in programming, code reviews, unit testing and software architecture.
● Knowledge of distributed systems & services, object orientation, databases, web application development, security and open source technologies.
● Knowledge of design patterns and architectural concepts including microservices, low latency systems, data warehousing, APIs and cloud services.
● Firm knowledge of integration patterns & technologies and experience designing and implementing integrated, distributed systems.
● Knowledge of software engineering practices including BDD and TDD.
● Experience and understanding of DevOps principles.
● A passion for proactively upskilling others
● Interest in Machine Learning (ML) would be beneficial.
● Comfortable working from home.
● Transparent: You are open, honest, and always uphold the trust of your team and stakeholders.
● Thoughtfully Tenacious: You go the extra mile, every time, to delight our users with limited resources. Your thoughtfulness extends to your team, and you consider who will inherit your code when you write it.
● Continuously Learning: You are passionate about learning and care deeply about broadening your horizons and developing yourself. Within engineering, you enjoy wearing multiple hats.
● A Deep Diver: You pay attention to the details and are skeptical about outcomes unless metrics tell us otherwise.
● Long-range thinking. Inspire a short-term and long-term strategy for solution enhancements and technical growth.
● Play a clarifying role in our scoping conversations. You’re comfortable producing and reviewing estimates, ensuring that they represent a deliverable and commercially viable solution.
● Drive key decisions on platform, technical stack, and overall technical strategy.
● Drive improvement. You’re excited about the latest in CI/CD and bringing others along.
● Draw upon your deep expertise in languages, patterns and practices to quickly resolve problems if the delivery becomes blocked
● Work with your colleagues to identify technical opportunities for the organisation and communicate these back to the product team
● Writing code for a significant chunk of your time, take part in code reviews, writing tests, and upholding a high standard of quality
Property search is broken. In the future, tenants will instantly be matched to the homes and neighbourhoods that best meet their needs.
Real estate project.