No one shares anything personal on public anymore. Social became just another media between influencers and us. It’s no longer a space for us to stay in touch with the people we care about. That's why we may feel so disconnected from the closest people in our lives.
We are the team creating a group journaling app for families and friends to stay closer, even when they're physically apart. Each journal inside Waffle is dedicated to you and the people you care about to share everyday life. We believe that journaling is the best way to do that.
💎 Who you are?
- You care about user experience
- You are familiar with well known social apps (Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Messenger, etc)
- You care about the product you develop and how users interact with it
- Eager to learn
- Flexible, and adapt fast
- Interested in mobile apps
- Fluent spoken & written English
🛠 Tech Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years of developing experience with React Native
- Experience with Firebase
- Proficiency with JS
🍰 Nice to Have
- Familiar with mobile automation testing tools
⚙️ Our Full Tech Stack
- Backend is on Firebase
📂 What you will be doing
- Build and maintenance a React Native app in expo, developing the product for the long term
- You will be developing the application together with the CTO and responsible for setting up the best development practices
- Bug fixes
- Small UI changes
- New features implementation
🏆 Why it's great to work with us
- Our app was created with the real feelings of its founders. It helps families and friends to stay closer. And you'll be the part of this kind mission.
- Our app is invested by Snap Inc., the US company that owns the Snapchat messenger.
- Small team of smart and friendly people, who are really passionate about what they do
- The opportunity to utilize your tech talent, and grow with us.
🕘 Time zones
- No specific timezone, however there will be a weekly team call
How to apply