- TypeFull-time candidate
About the job
This is a senior, hybrid role that spans both UX research and strategy as well as UI visual design. You should be a seasoned software designer with experience defining product specifications and designing fully-functional products. Ideal candidates will have a sharp eye for color and shape and be comfortable translating abstract requirements into practical product features. As a leader of our product design organization, you’ll also help to onboard, mentor and lead other members of our growing design team.
Our technical co-founder has been working in a cross-section of design and development for over 20 years. We get that product design isn't about pretty pictures. It's about understanding the jobs to be done and providing the affordances to make that happen, while adding some personality along the way. It's about collaborating with a talented team of people to understand and deliver behavior change that makes people's lives more enjoyable.
Curious about more of our philosophical underpinnings when it comes to design? Our inspiration comes from people like Edward Tufte, Bill Moggridge, Cameron Moll, Ryan Singer, and Tony Ulrich.
The product is not some web application. It's the is the change that we create in our customer's lives. Good design enables positive change and we're always striving to help our customers be more effective at what they're trying to accomplish.
Here's a list of things you might do:
- Collaborate across product, sales, and customer teams to help develop roadmaps that will achieve our business goals through thoughtful design.
- Deliver compelling UX visions, UI specifications, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Execute end-to-end design strategy for multiple platforms.
- Develop product design strategies and concepts according to customer requirements, comfort, and usability.
- Articulate complex visions through simple, elegant designs.
- Share new design ideas and methodologies with management.
- Analyze potential risks and develop effective mitigation plans.
- Evaluate product designs and recommend improvements.
- Engage with customers and learn quickly through iterative prototyping.
- Analyze and troubleshoot product issues and constraints in a timely manner.
- Recommend new tools and technologies to complete design projects.
- Provide feedback on product design solutions through wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- Participate in customer research and apply insights to generate designs that our customers love.
- You’re an experienced software UI/UX designer (min 8 years) and can present a portfolio of high quality, thoughtful web, and mobile-based software/SaaS work.
- You have a demonstrated history of producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes including design guided development - and can comfortably present these solutions to a wide variety of stakeholders
- You’re an expert in CSS/SCSS, SASS (Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets), have a strong skills/understanding of HTML5, and are proficient in various web design tools and applications (Adobe XD, InVision, Figma, etc).
- You have a strong understanding of ADA compliance standards and how to adapt interfaces for different user needs
About the company
We are an early stage, well-funded, fast-paced company with amazing customers (like Gap Inc, TOMS, lululemon, and LEGO) and awesome investors. We're looking for a driven Senior Product Designer who is passionate about affordances and capabilities. We believe that getting work done in retail should feel like magic, powerful and effortless - and you’ll help ensure we maintain the ease of use we’re known for as our product continues to evolve.
Our mission is to bring retail operations out of the dark ages and give companies effective tools that their employees love to use. You will help improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees and save them from sad, slow, inefficient systems (think fax machines, voicemails, and the postal service). People deserve better! We need your help to make this happen.