We are seeking a Senior Java Backend Developer with experience building web services for high-volume, consumer-facing websites and mobile applications. You will be responsible for maintaining and extending a mission-critical content management and publishing system that will help facilitate the delivery of apps, audio, book and videos to millions of users across multiple networks around the globe.
As well as sitting in a cross-functional Scrum team and taking part in planning, stand-ups, demos and retros, you’ll also be a member of the Backend team and work closely with colleagues to improve and innovate our approach and execution of backend-specific software development.
- 4+ years experience with Java backend development in a production environment
- Deep background in building services supporting large-scale consumer mobile and web clients
- Experience working with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Tomcat, Redis, Jersey, Runscope (or similar) experience
- Comfortable working in a production ops environment using AWS EC2, S3, CloudFront
- Understanding of microservices and event-driven architecture a plus