As a member of our Merchant Experience team, you will play a vital role in communicating directly with our eCommerce merchants to help them get the most out of Smile and grow their business!
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated, and skilled technical problem-solver to add to our global support team. We are looking to fill one remote position to work hours aligned to 9-5 pm PT (with some flexibility + 1 or 2 hrs), with a Sunday - Thursday schedule.
As a Support Specialist, you will be working to help thousands of merchants with their technical questions, supporting them with their loyalty programs with Smile. This role is high-volume, 1:many. Most days will be spent interacting directly with merchants through live chat and email. You will also work with our development team as needed to escalate and assist in solving merchant issues. Along with the rest of the team you will contribute to our merchant Help Docs and internal documentation to improve our self-serve resources.
If you love a challenging, high-volume environment where you can think on your feet, and delight customers, we want to hear from you!
What We’re Looking for:
- You’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced and changing environment. You’re not afraid to jump in and chat with a customer or solve a problem - even if you don’t know the answer!
- You have experience helping customers in a high-volume digital or SaaS environment, and are effective at communicating in a remote environment.
- You work well in situations that require creative problem solving, good judgment, and you can improvise with ambiguous or limited information.
- You are a pro at context switching, and can delve into issues with varying degrees of complexity over the course of a day. You’re just as happy helping out a customer, or a fellow team member solve a problem!
- You have a clear, personable, and empathetic communication style and are comfortable translating technical or difficult concepts into user-friendly explanations for our merchants.
- You have a desire to be the voice of our merchants at Smile. You’re keen to help influence product changes and build resources to help our merchants learn all there is to know about Smile!
Bonus points if you:
- Have familiarity with Shopify and it’s template language, Liquid
- Have experience using Intercom
- Have experience with knowledge management
What You’ll Do:
- Support and delight our merchants through our primary chat and email channels, as well as video conversations if needed.
- Work with our merchants to quickly and effectively resolve their issues, from answering simple how-to questions to diagnosing more technical issues and bugs.
- Collaborate with our development team to escalate and track merchant issues, replicating their issue when possible and offering any needed context and research.
- Create internal and external support documentation about Smile and strategy to help merchants make the most of their rewards program.
- Collect and share valuable feedback from our merchants for product improvements.
- Engage and collaborate with a remote team spread across the world.