This role requires an ambitious engineer willing to work on challenges and most importantly not being afraid of suggesting initiatives and delivering on them.
You will be building a fault-tolerant and infinitely scalable platform that is capable of processing information coming from hundreds of sources.
You will be working with multi-billion dollar customers whose Auto Scaling Groups have thousands of ec2 instances and work with petabytes of data.
- At least 5 years software engineering experience, 2 of them in Python. Alternatively — major contributions to open source projects.
- We expect knowledge of standard data structures and their usage as well as standard object oriented programming principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of the typical distributed CI/CD environment: Jira, Git and Github, Coverage and unit testing, pull requests, etc.
- Proactive attitude, ability to work around blocks with creative thinking.
- At least 3 years of AWS experience, especially in the serverless arena: EC2, RDS, S3, SSM, Lambda, Step Functions, Networking and VPCs, AWS Security, SQS/SNS.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Being able to write reliable, testable, readable, and documented code.
- ... are familiar with at least one IaaC technology: Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi, etc.
- A competitive compensation package and flexible time-off policy.
- Fully remote work — you can work from wherever you can, as long as you have a normal internet connection and a quiet environment. We will continue to work remotely even after the pandemic.
- Organize your own schedule — As long as you work 40 hours per week and at least 5 hours every business day (M-F), it’s up to you how you organize your working hours.
You must have a webcam and headphones for the meetings.
- No micromanagement. You’re given a task and expected to deliver — we won’t be breathing in your neck.
- You will work with some of the most experienced/talented people in the cloud-native development industry;together you will be solving challenges that haven’t been solved before.
- Fully covered certification program for AWS
Compensation is paid weekly to your bank account, in USD
Virtasant is a global cloud services provider with industry-leading technology, capabilities, and people with more than a decade of experience.
We help our customers with the full spectrum of cloud operations - from datacenter to cloud migration all the way to cost optimizing and fine tuning vast cloud operations.