If you are reading this and love working with startups as well as investors — keep going! Visible is on a mission to give startups a better chance of success. Our goal is to connect 5,000 startups (aka paying customers) to investors and other stakeholders by 2025.
We're a team of 8 fully distributed team members (we have been set up this way pre-covid so we have this whole remote work thing down) and looking to add to our marketing team. You'll have the opportunity to work across all of our teams (product, marketing, design and sales) as you help craft experiences that give founders a chance to tell their story. This role is really a mashup of content marketing, product marketing, customer development, evangelism and customer success. Your goal will be to bring more founders into the Visible platform across all of our tools, community and content.
In the first 90 days you will likely:
- Talk to 30 of our founder customers and highlight their stories across our marketing channels.
- Own our webinar and workshop series. You’ll reach out to investors and founders in our network to set up events for the Visible community.
- Produce new guides, articles and resources on the Visible blog that is read by 20,000+ founders each month
- Work with Ana on our product team to coordinate and support customer development and discovery
- Support Sam on our account team to help drive expansion, renewals and conversion.
- Act as our product marketer! You'll announce new features, help activate current customers on new features and work with our product team to identify new product opportunities
- Manage the Visible Slack Community to help founders get connected with one another
- Work with investors to help get their profiles verified on our new Connect Platform and see how we can help their current portfolio companies better manage their investor relationships
You are okay with:
- Working cross-functionally on a small team of 8
- A fully distributed company (Post Covid-19 as well. We have been remote first since 2015.)
- The resources (or lack thereof) of a profitable company and wearing many hats
- The unknown. This role is likely to change over time. You just love helping founders and ok as the role shifts.
The following items are guide-rails. Don't feel like you need to neatly check each box. If you love the role we'd love to hear from you.
- A demonstrated track record driving successful product marketing initiatives for SaaS products, features, and service in a marketing or customer success role.
- Have previously worked with founders, investors and startups
- Comfortable creating content across multiple mediums such as email, social, our marketing site, knowledge base and more.
- Creative individual with an ability to understand and present product value—which will guide internal teams and company messaging with flawless execution.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bonus Points for:
- Design Skills (comfortable with Figma or other tools to deliver assets)
- A strong Twitter game
- Paid Competitively ($65 to $90k depending on experience). You'll also participate in the company-wide revenue share.
- Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- Ownership (both in the work you do and equity in the company)
- A stipend for your home office, technology setup, coworking membership, etc.
- 2 paid off-sites per year (Barcelona, Amsterdam, Lisbon and Dublin were the last four)